Small Exercise Equipment: How to Build a Compact Home Gym
Whether you’re just starting your gym journey or you’re a seasoned athlete, there are a multitude of benefits in having an at-home gym. No travel time, monthly payments or waiting patiently for your favourite machine to be free (to name a few). It’s a stress free zone for you and your household to stay fit and healthy.
But if you’ve only got a small space to work with, bulky machines can quickly take up room, but that doesn’t mean you have to say goodbye to weight training or your daily run.
Finding the right machines and equipment for your home gym is essential, whether that means portable or foldable, we stock the best exercise equipment for your compact home gym for ease and enjoyment.
Space-Saving Cardio Equipment
A key part of anyone’s fitness routine and a great way to get your heart rate up is cardio, and there are plenty of options to get that blood pumping. Treadmills are a gym favourite for getting the whole body moving, and allow you to enjoy your walk or runs in the comfort of your own home.
These are just two of the more well known exercise machines, there are many more to choose from. If you’re looking to incorporate a cardio machine into your home gym set up, here’s a selection that is made with space and functionality in mind.
Flow Fitness DTM100I
This sleek DTM100i Walking Pad by Flow Fitness completely folds away to save more space than any other device on the home market. It’s smarter than most too; automatically speeding up when you approach the front of the deck and slows down when you approach the end.
- Maximum speed of 6km/h
- Comes 99% assembled.
- 120 x 41.5cm (47.2 x 16.3 inches) running deck
- Wireless remote control
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- High quality sound damping system
- LED computer readout - tracks time, distance, speed and steps.
- Transport wheels for easy movement which is made even easier thanks to the lightweight 30KG design.
- Dimensions Unfolded: 143cm x 55cm x 13cm
- Folded Dimensions: 83cm x 55cm x 13cm
- Maximum User Weight: 100kg
Price: £585.00, Free UK Delivery
NordicTrack EXP 10i
The NordicTrack EXP 10i is a smart and compact home treadmill, which will be ready for use in under a minute. It is extremely easy to fold away for storage and the transportation wheels make it effortless to move. With iFit compatibility and built in bluetooth speakers to keep inject some fun into your run.
- Display: 10" HD Colour Smart Touchscreen
- Includes 30-day iFit Family Membership (£349 Value)
- FlexSelect Cushioning
- 51cm x 52cm Commercial Treadbelt
- AutoBreeze Workout Fan
- Automatic Trainer Control
- OneTouch Controls
- 3.5 CHP Plus Motor Smart-Response Drive System
- -3% Decline to 12% Incline
- Speed: 0 - 22 kph
- Maximum User Weight: 136kg
- SpaceSaver® Design with EasyLift™ Assist
Price: £999.00, Free UK Delivery
ProForm Cardio HIIT L6
Another great exercise machine that’s easy on the joints but a staple in the gym is an elliptical trainer. While ellipticals are typically a bulky workout machine, the ProForm Cardio HIIT L6 boasts a narrow frame designed with the user in mind. Its compact footprint takes up half the space of a normal elliptical exercise machine, creating additional space without reducing the quality of your workout.
- 6” High-Contrast Multi Colour Display
- iFit Bluetooth Compatible - Free 30 Day iFit Family Membership Included
- 22 Resistance Levels with SMR™ Silent Magnetic Resistance
- 14 kg Effective, Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel
- EKG™ Heart Rate Pulse Grips
- Water Bottle Holder Attached
- 10” Vertical / 5” Horizontal Stride
- Transport Wheels Included
- Multi-Function Handlebars
- Integrated Tablet Holder
- Product dimensions: 170cm x 76cm x 169cm
Price: £799.00, Free UK Delivery
If you’re looking for a full body workout that also helps build muscle, then you want a rowing machine included in your home gym space.
The NordicTrack RX800 comes with a variety of useful key features, including a foldable space saver design with transport wheels making it easy to pack away between workouts.
- Maximum User Weight: 130kg
- Assembled Dimension: 220cm (L) x 56cm (W) x 108cm (H)
- Folded Dimension: 72cm (L) x 56cm (W) x 111cm (H)
- Boxed Dimensions: 120cm (L) x 57cm (W) x 65cm (H)
- Product Weight: 36kg
- Power Supply: Battery
- Resistance Type: Air
- Screen: LCD
- Display: 5” backlit
- Assembly details: Partial self-assembly required, full assembly available.
- Audio: built-in speakers with auxiliary port
- Console position: adjustable
Price: £499.00, Free UK Delivery
Compact Strength & Weight Training Equipment
Strength training has the ability to help you manage or lose weight, increase metabolism, burn calories and enhance your quality of life. Which is why it is so popular and the core of many workout plans. It works by activating a number of different muscles to stimulate muscle growth.
Bruce Lee Signature Free Standing Boxing Bag
The Bruce Lee Signature Free Standing Boxing Punch Bag is a high-intensity exercise option and unique piece for your home gym. Adding variety and enjoyment to your workouts by combining cardiovascular, strength, and endurance components. If you're into your boxercise and circuit training, this punch bag is a great addition.
- Dimensions: L: 55.71 inch W: 23.62 inch H: 23.62 inch
- Weight: 23.8 lbs
- Free standing
- Relocate as needed
- For: adults
- Colour: black
- Material: bisonyl
- With foot (to be filled with sand)
Price: £239.95, Free UK Delivery
Jordan Chrome/Rubber Kettlebells (4KG - 24KG)
Kettlebell benefits are numerous including boosting functional strength, increasing cardiovascular fitness, but they can also be added into any HIIT or cardio workout for an extra challenge. Jordan Chrome/Rubber Kettlebells
Check out these weight training essentials:
- The finest JR3 rubber not only provides the weight but doesn’t mark or scuff your gym floor. Also perfectly balanced so stands alone
- Smooth chrome handle is great to grip and looks fresh
- Gravity cast iron core
- Available from 4kg to 20kg in 2kg increments, plus 24kg
Price: £18.19 - £109.18, Free UK Delivery
Force USA DialTech 25kg Adjustable Dumbbell Pair & Stand
The Force USA DialTech dumbbells set is the perfect solution for minimal space home gyms. They allow you to enjoy a brilliant workout providing 10 dumbbells in one, and no need to purchase a large stand.
- 25kg adjustable dumbbells by Force USA
- Sold as pair
- Dimensions: 41(W) x 22(H) cm
- Weight range: 2.5kg, 5kg, 7.5kg, 10kg, 12.5kg, 15kg, 17.5kg, 20kg, 22.5kg and 25kg
Price: £499.00, Free UK Delivery
Force USA G3
It may not be the smallest or compact gym equipment there is but you won’t need any other weight equipment with this Force USA G3 multi-gym machine, creating the ultimate home gym.
This all-in-one strength training system combines Smith Machine, Cable Crossover, Core Trainer and Power Rack Hybrid at an impressive price.
Force USA carries a range of machines to fit your space and budget.
- Power Rack Rating: 400kg
- Smith Machines: 325kg
- Cable Ratings: 900kg
- Cable Ratio: 2:1
- Product Weight: 153kg
- Product Dimensions: 140cm (D) x 200cm (W) x 220cm (H)
Free UK Delivery
Force USA MyBench FID Weight Bench With Arm And Leg Developer
Customise your workout with the Force USA MyBench FID Weight Bench with Arm and Leg Developer.
Fully adjustable, you’re able to exercise your whole chest as well as back and shoulders. Perform comfortable bicep curls or utilise the bench's flat position to perform tricep dips.
Pair with a barbell, weight plates or dumbbells for an even greater workout.
- Adjustment Levels: 6 Levels, Decline to Upright
- Assembled Size: 170cm (L) x 77cm (W) x 56cm (D)
- Product Weight: 46kg
- Maximum User Weight: 320kg Total (User and Weights)
- Upholstery: Heavy Duty, DuraCore high-density foam padding.
- Transport Wheel: Yes
- Pad Width: 38.5cm
Price: £499.00, Free UK Delivery
Your At-Home Compact Gym Tips
Now you have your gym equipment wish list and are ready to start populating your perfect at-home gym that gets you motivated, here are some extra tips to have in mind before making your final purchase:
Check the weight specification
If you’re going to be moving your home gym equipment around then it’s best to make sure you can manage the weight (without causing any injuries!).
Know your goals
Knowing what and where you want to improve will help you decide what equipment to feature in your home gym, and what you’ll actually be using.
Think about storage
If you’ll be using a multi-functional room for your home gym, is there somewhere your store the majority of your equipment when not in use (this where that foldable feature comes in handy).
Lastly, if you need more help deciding what exercise equipment is best for your home gym, get in touch today and one of our experts will get back to you!